1. All pets must be currently vaccinated and well behaved. ("Well behaved" is defined as "not aggressive or destructive".). We will request proof of vaccination at the client interview.
2. Dogs & cats must have ID Tags on their collar.
3. For first-time clients, payment is due at the time the service contract is signed. For repeat clients, payment will be due on the day of the first visit. Cash, check, and all major credit cards through PayPal (fee applies) are acceptable methods of payment. There is a $30 fee for NSF.
4. Dogs will not be allowed to run free outside except in your own fenced and secured yard.
5. A harness is preferred for dog walking. I do/will not use choke, prong, or shock collars.
6. We do not accept any liability for cats or dogs that have free access to or live outside.
7. Cats must be scheduled for at least one visit per day.
8. We only accept and return keys in person. By request only will we keep a copy of your key on file. This could be useful for a couple of reasons...#1. We will be able to access your home to care for your pets in the event of an emergency. #2. If you are ever locked out of your home, we can assist you in re-entry ($10 fee applies). However, if you choose to have your key returned at the end of a service, there will be a pick up fee of $10 if you use our services again.
9. Our regular operating hours are 6 AM to 8 PM. Services required at other times are subject to an additional $15.00 fee per occurrence.
10. Please request, cancel, or make changes to service by email or phone calls.
11. All cancellations must be given no less than 48 hrs prior to the scheduled service. If we arrive at your home to find that scheduled service is not required, the full amount for the scheduled visit will be applied.
Cancelations made during the busy holiday season will incur a 50% fee.
12. Requests for service should be made with as much notice as possible. We will do our best to accommodate all requests.
13. Regarding excessive cold/heat/wind/rain: walks may be shortened and/or the majority of a visit may be provided indoors if the temperature is above 95 degrees or below 40 degrees. Regarding snow and ice: if County, State, and Federal entities close for the day, assume that our ability to provide service is limited.
14. In the event of a pet emergency/sickness, pets will be taken to a veterinary hospital. Client will be contacted first but if client is not reachable, emergency contact will be notified. Vet information provided by client will be first choice but depending on severity of situation the pet may be taken to the nearest vet or the Emergency Vet on Airway. Client is responsible for reimbursing 100% of all vet charges incurred by For Pet's Sake Pet Sitting, LLC upon return.
15. In the event of an emergency, responsibility of pet(s) may be shared and/or given to the emergency contact provided by client, or put in the care of a "back-up" provider that the client has approved.
16. A $5 surcharge per visit will apply for each pet sitting visit on the following holidays: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve & Day, New Year’s Eve & Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day.
17. For Pet's Sake Pet Sitting, LLC does not share responsibilities with others that may have access to a client's home. This includes, neighbors, family members, housekeepers, etc. This is to ensure continuity of care.
18. We reserve the right to deny services to any client.
19. Any and all of these policies are subject to change at any time. This is due to insurance liability.